Thursday, May 24, 2012

Eating With Firemen


Real firemen. But not Firehouse #4. I didn't bring my camera.  
I just got back from serving lunch to the men and women of the Roswell Fire department.

Well, actually, I just got back from eating lunch with them.  My friend, Rick, and his team, did the work of preparing, delivering and serving the meal.  Chicken, stuffing, mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes with gravy, macaroni and cheese, dinner rolls and tossed salad.  For dessert, apple pie and raspberry Danishes.  And to drink, an assortment of iced teas and fresh lemonade.

I’m full. We all are.

Four times each year, our church serves lunch at Roswell Firehouse #4.  It is one way we can say “thank you,” for the safety and security they provide our community every day of every week of every month of every year.  And it is always fun to hang out for an hour with firemen who are filled with stories of rescue and sacrifice, and always ready to give our children a tour of the fire trucks.  Today we even got to hear the sirens!

“Thank you” again men and women of Roswell Firehouse #4 for a great lunch and for your faithful service to our community.