Friday, December 25, 2009

Lists 2009

Last year I started what I think will be a fun, annual post for me to look back on, in a few months and in several years.

Here are my top five lists from this year.


Top Five Movies I Saw:
1. The Blind Side

2. Taken

3. Defiance

4. State of Play

5. Ratatouille (on video with my family… “anyone can cook.”)


Top Five Websites I Visited:
1. Ted.com
2. Ajc.com
3. Pandora.com
4. CBSsportsline.com

5. Tarheelblue.com



Top Five Books I Read:

1. Justification by N.T. Wright

2. Hole in the Gospel by Richard Stearns

3. The Last Week by John Dominic Crossan and Marcus Borg

4. The Future of Management by Gary Hammel

5. Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore


Honorable Mentions:

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

SuperFreakonomics by Levitt and Dubner

How the Mighty Fall by Jim Collins


Top Five Restaurants I Ate At:
1. Sweet Tomatoes
2. Cheesecake Factory
3. Sid's Pizza
4. Subway

5. La Parilla

Top Five Things I'm Really Glad I Spent My Time Doing:

1. Growing my relationship with my wife and children

2. Being with my church family on Sunday mornings.
3. Tutoring kids at Esther Jackson Elementary School
4. Helping fund the digging of freshwater wells in Africa
5. Spending time with friends


Ten Great Memories

1. Baptizing my son at Lake Lanier

2. A week at the beach with my wife in January

3. A summer road trip to Niagara Falls with my son

4. Tucking my daughter in at night and picking her up from school

5. Teaching from the scriptures on Sunday mornings

6. Talking on the phone with my parents

7. March Madness -- The Tarheels win it all!

8. Sunday nights at Taco Mac

9. Late night game nights with friends

10. Early morning coffee with friends